September 2, 2017 Update: Newsflash! BoulderMan Barrett (out of our very first 2013 Max x Friday litter) is now QUALIFIED FOR NATIONALS, baby. Boulder on only his second time out as a broke dog earned a pretty sweet SECOND PLACE ribbon in the Open Gun Dog Stake (21 starters!!!) at the Sahuaro Brittany Club Field Trial. Not gonna lie. Holly saw me cry. THANK YOU FOR MY BABY BOY. Boulder was expertly handled by his BFF, Terry Chandler of Rugerheim Kennels, and scouted by Curt Cress. Thankful also for the rest Team Boulder for taking such good care of him this summer: Betsy (Phil), John and Gereth ❤️
Trax Even Steven, “Steven,” also made his Field Trial debut and came home with a Third Place ribbon in Open Puppy from the Sahuaro Brittany Club, and a Fourth Place ribbon in Open Puppy from the Desert GSP Club. Yay Steven!!! Sister from another mister also ran in OP both days, but didn’t place.
Last but not least, Barrett’s Knight-Time Rock n’ Roll Cowboy, “Cowboy,” came home with a pretty nice Second Place ribbon in Open Puppy (with 12 starters).
To date, we’ve owned and/or bred ten (10) dogs who have earned a total of 38 field trial placements. Currently, seven (7) Barrett puppies are actively working towards the field trial circuit:
- GCHB Knight n’ Barrett’s Pioneer Mountain Man (DOB 6/2/2013) – Boulder is from our very first litter and trains exclusively with Terry Chandler of Rugerheim Kennels. Boulder’s resume highlights include the following:
- July 2015 – First Place Senior Dog in WCA Western Show Futurity
- December 2015 – Third Place in WCA National Field Futurity
- June 2016 – Show/Bench Grand Champion Bronze Level
- July 2016 – Best in Western Show Maturity
- September 2017 – Second Place Open Gun Dog (21 starters) at Sahuaro Brittany Club Field Trial
Second Place in Open Gun Dog Stake at Sahuaro Brittany Club Field Trial
- CH Barrett’s Lady Grey (DOB 4/15/2014) – Gracie, who came out of a repeat breeding that Boulder was from, also trains exclusively with Terry Chander. In December 2015, she earned a Second Place ribbon in the Open Derby stake. Two months later, Gracie WON the Open Derby stake at the WCA Western Classic, giving her all four juvenile points towards her Field Championship. She enters the broke dog stakes Autumn 2016 only needing 6 points to finish. Oh, and Gracie is also a Show Champion.
- GCH Barrett n’ Star’s Flying Spectacle (DOB 10/8/2014) – Bug is a half-sister to Boulder and Gracie and also trains exclusively with Terry Chandler. In February 2016, Bug WON the WCA Western Classic Field Futurity. On the show side, she is a finished Grand Champion.
- Touchstone n’ Barrett’s Autobot Moonracer (DOB 8/8/2015) – Luna is a product of accomplished field trial dogs. Her sire is a two-time National Field Trial winner. As a young dog, Luna earned a Second Place ribbon in the Open Puppy Stake. Luna is being exclusively trained and handled by Warren Eizman of Firestorm Kennels in Anza, California.
- Touchstone n’ Barrett’s Autobot Villin (DOB 8/8/2015) – Ticon is a litter-mate brother to Luna and has a few juvenile placements to his credit. He also earned a placement in the 2016 WCA Western Field Futurity. Ticon is being exclusively trained and handled by Diane Vater of Alpha Dog Kennels in PA.
- Touchstone n’ Barrett’s Autobot Smokescreen (DOB 8/8/2015) – Turbo is a litter-mate brother to Luna and Ticon and is a two-time NWA Open Derby winner. He is also Winner of the 2016 WCA Western Field Futurity. Ticon is being exclusively trained and handled by Diane Vater of Alpha Dog Kennels in PA.
- Trax Even Steven (DOB 11/26/2016) – Steven is a product of big-running field dogs and is just starting his field trial career with Terry Chandler of Rugerheim Kennels.
Boulder, Third Place in WCA National Field Futurity, handled by Terry Chandler and scouted by Curt Cress.
Gracie, Second Place in WCA National Field Trial Open Derby, handled by Terry Chandler and scouted by Curt Cress.
Bug, Winner of WCA Western Classic Field Futurity, handled by Terry Chandler and scouted by Curt Cress.
Gracie, Winner of WCA Western Classic Open Derby, handled by Terry Chandler and scouted by Curt Cress.
As of Summer 2017, and not including the recent trial up in the White Mountains, the Barrett Dogs have had THIRTY-FIVE FIELD TRIAL PLACEMENTS. !!!! Here’s a running record:
|Call Name||Club||Date||Stake||Place||Starters||Judge 1||Judge 2|
|Boulder||Weimaraner Club of America||4/27/2015||OD||Second Place||17 Starters||Ray Calkins||Roger Borine|
|Boulder||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||4/4/2015||OD||Third Place||4 Starters||Rick Petersen||Thomas Negrete|
|Boulder||GSP Club of Las Cruces||3/6/2015||AWD||Second Place||4 Starters||Rick Petersen||Ricardo Renteria|
|Boulder||GSP Club of Las Cruces||3/6/2015||OD||Second Place||5 Starters||Maria Zucconi||Ricardo Renteria|
|Boulder||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||10/4/2014||OD||Fourth Place||8 Starters||Norman Ahl||Rick Petersen|
|Gracie||Weimaraner Club of America||2/2/2016||OD||First Place||11 Starters||Jack Faley, Jr.||Ed Rucker|
|Gracie||Desert GSP Club||1/10/2016||OD||Second Place||8 Starters||Timothy Kulish||Ed Rucker|
|Gracie||Weimaraner Club of America||12/5/2015||OD||Second Place||13 Starters||Gene Moseley||Andy Gerdes|
|Gracie||Northern Arizona GSP Club||11/20/2015||OD||Fourth Place||10 Starters||Dave Garrett||Steve Rutkowski|
|Gracie||GSP Club of Las Cruces||11/13/2015||OD||Third Place||4 Starters||John Nelssen||Joey Rogers|
|Gracie||Weimaraner Club of America||4/27/2015||OP||First Place||9 Starters||Wayne Yamashita||Eric Mauck|
|Gracie||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||4/4/2015||OP||First Place||4 Starters||Rick Petersen||Burnie Stokes|
|Bug||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||10/7/2016||OD||Third Place||6 Starters||Maria Zucconi||Ricardo Renteria|
|Bug||Sahuaro Brittany Club||9/2/2016||OD||Third Place||12 Starters||Ron Yospur||Ricardo Renteria|
|Bug||GSP Club of Las Cruces||3/11/2016||AWD||Second Place||4 Starters||Norman Ahl||Rick Petersen|
|Bug||Weimaraner Club of America||2/2/2016||OD||Fourth Place||11 Starters||Jack Faley, Jr.||Ed Rucker|
|Zanie||Orange Coast Weimaraner Club||2/6/2016||OD||Fourth Place||10 Starters||Philip Letzo||Shirley A Nilsson|
|Ticon||Weimaraner Club of America||2/17/2017||OD||Fourth Place||9 Starters||Greg Knight||E W Eizman|
|Ticon||Grand Canyon Brittany Club||1/20/2017||OD||First Place||9 Starters||Norman Ahl||Heather Gast|
|Ticon||Weimaraner Club of America||12/3/2016||OD||Third Place||15 Starters||John Rabidou||M Aldrich|
|Ticon||San Diego Brittany Club, Inc.||11/5/2016||AWP||Fourth Place||8 Starters||Michael Eisen||Louis D’Alessandro|
|Ticon||San Diego Brittany Club, Inc.||11/5/2016||AWD||Third Place||12 Starters||Michael Eisen||Arlette T Hennessey|
|Turbo||Northern Michigan Weimaraner Club||3/17/2017||OD||First Place||10 Starters||Kenneth Blackman||Dale Pool|
|Turbo||Weimaraner Club of America||12/3/2016||OD||Fourth Place||15 Starters||John Rabidou||M Aldrich|
|Turbo||Southern Michigan Weimaraner Club||10/21/2016||OP||First Place||4 Starters||Christopher Meyer||Duane Yoder|
|Luna||San Diego Brittany Club, Inc.||11/5/2016||OP||Second Place||8 Starters||Michael Eisen||Louis D’Alessandro|
|Ronin||Willamette Weimaraner Club||7/8/2017||AWP||Fourth Place||7 Starters||Jim House||J Walter|
|Ronin||Willamette Weimaraner Club||7/8/2017||OP||Fourth Place||5 Starters||Richard Spaccarelli||Angela Schillereff|
|Ronin||Willamette Weimaraner Club||6/23/2017||OP||Fourth Place||8 Starters||Angela Schillereff||Carolyn Griffith|
|Shiloh||Desert GSP Club||5/26/2017||OP||Third Place||7 Starters||James Gagnon||Dennis Brown|
|Shiloh||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||4/8/2017||AWP||Second Place||4 Starters||Maria Zucconi||Rick Petersen|
|Shiloh||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||4/8/2017||OP||Fourth Place||4 Starters||Maria Zucconi||Ricardo Renteria|
|Sookie||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||4/8/2017||AWP||Third Place||4 Starters||Maria Zucconi||Rick Petersen|
|Sookie||Central New Mexico Brittany Club||4/8/2017||OP||Second Place||4 Starters||Maria Zucconi||Ricardo Renteria|
|Sookie||Weimaraner Club of America||2/17/2017||OP||Fourth Place||13 Starters||Michael Vaz||Willie Stevens, Jr.|