GCH Knight n’ Barrett’s Pioneer Mountain Man, “Boulder”
Breeders: Holly McKnight and Kim Burnell
Owner: Kim Burnell
Field Trainer: Terry Chandler
Show Handler: Robert Scott
DOB: June 2, 2013
Pedigree: Please click here
Accolades: BOULDER was Best Dog at the 2016 WCA Western Maturity, First Place Senior Futurity Dog at 2015 WCA Western Show Futurity, and Third Place at 2015 WCA National Field Futurity.
BOULDER was also my Pick Dog out of the 2013 Max x Friday litter. From the time he was four weeks old, I knew this kid was special. In 2014, he earned his show Championship with three Majors in just six weekends out. A day shy of his first birthday, Boulder went off to Summer Camp with Terry Chandler, Sr. In May 2015, Boulder came home for awhile to make an appearance at his show Futurity. One week before his second birthday, he picked up his first BEST OF BREED ribbon at the Mission Circuit under Judge Clay Coady. In July 2015 Boulder earned his bench Grand Championship as well the First Place Senior Futurity Dog ribbon at the Western Futurity and Maturity in Portland, Oregon. In August 2015, with six breed wins under his belt in 2.5 months, Canine Chronicle had him listed as the #18 show Weimaraner. In September 2015 Boulder was ranked # 5 on the WCA Continuous Derby list, and then in December 2015, Boulder picked up a nice Third Place ribbon at the WCA National Field Futurity in Ardmore, OK. In July 2016, Boulder WON the 2016 WCA Western Best Dog in Maturity ribbon. In September 2017, Boulder earned a very nice Second Place ribbon in the Open Gun Dog class (with 23 starters) at the Sahuaro Brittany Club Field Trial. This was only his second weekend out as a broke dog! Boulder is owned and loved by me when he is at home. At the shows, he is exclusively handled by Robert Scott. When on the road running the field trial circuit, he’s on the Rugerheim string.
Boulder has his own Barrett page here, and his pedigree can be viewed here.
- Hips: GOOD (WE-12285G25M-VPI)
- Elbows: NORMAL (WE-EL1739M23-VPI)
- Eyes: Not tested
- Thyroid: Not tested
- Genetic Testing
- Hyperuricosuria (HUU): N/N (No copies of hyperuricosuria; dog is normal)
- Hypomyelination (HYPM): N/N (No copies of hypomyelination; dog is normal)
- Spinal Dysraphism (SD): N/N (No copies of spinal dysraphism; dog is normal)
- Coat length: S/S (Dog has short hair; long-haired offspring cannot be produced)
- Coat color:
- Dominant black: K/K (2 copies of dominant black are present)
- Agouti: at/at (Homozygous for black and tan)
Weight: 65 pounds
Height: 25 inches
Fresh chilled semen: Yes
Frozen semen available: Yes
Live cover: Yes
- September 2017 – Second Place Open Gun Dog (21 starters) at Sahuaro Brittany Club Field Trial
- July 2016 – Best in Western Show Maturity
- June 2016 – Show/Bench Grand Champion Bronze Level
- December 2015 – Third Place in WCA National Field Futurity
- December 2015 – WCA Top Ten Derby Dog
- August 2015 – Canine Chronicle Ranked # 19 Weimaraner
- July 2015 – First Place Senior Dog in WCA Western Show Futurity
- June 2015 – Show/Bench Grand Champion
- May 2014 – Show/Bench Champion
Field Trial Record: See here
Best of Breed under Judge Walter J. Sommerfelt. Thank you!
Boulder in the Sporting Group on June 24, 2016 at the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills Show in Long Beach, CA
Second Place at the Sahuaro Brittany Club Field Trial in September 2017
January 2016 in Palm Springs, California
December 2015 – Third Place in 2015 WCA National Field Futurity.
December 2015 – Boulder in his 2015 WCA National Futurity run. He’s the very, very small speck in the middle of the photograph.
July 4, 2015 in Ventura in Group judging.
July 5, 2015 in Ventura.
July 13, 2015 in Carmel.
July 13, 2015 in Carmel.
Grand Champion Certificate.
Swimming in Lake Hemet in August 2015.
Leave a Reply