Can you believe they’re three weeks old already?! Puppies can now see and hear. And they’re starting to REALLY MOVE. On all fours. They spend a bit more time awake now, and learning how to growl and play with their siblings. Here’s a photo recap of the last week: Friday, April 25th Visit with the Puppies:
Eyes and ears are still closed.
Saturday, April 26th Visit with the Puppies:
Sunday, April 27th Visit with the Puppies:
Monday, April 28th Visit with the Puppies:
Tuesday, April 29th photo-shoot with Lilac. She was the first to open her eyes:
Saturday, May 3rd Visit with the Puppies:
Sunday, May 4th Visit with the Puppies:
Sleeping Mardi Gras.
Mamma and Walrus moment.
More sleeping Mardi Gras. Sorry, couldn’t help myself!
Spent a few minutes in the yard with the big girls, too. Here’s Aunt Britta, pointing… the wheelbarrow.
Mamma Friday, trying to reach/scratch her ear. Hard to do with the milk bar on her chest.
Mamma Friday stopping to smell the roses… except for there aren’t any roses.
Notes from the week:
- April 29th – Eyes and ears begin to open.
- May 3rd – Eyes and ears are definitely open!
- May 3rd – Second nail trimming. Still a lot of toes!
- May 5th – Absinthe wins the award for being the first puppy out of the whelping box. She did it again on the 6th:
Found wandering on the floor outside the whelping box. Wasn’t bothered one bit about being in a new place. Explored quietly without making a fuss.
When she got bored, she wandered back to the others…
And climbed in!
This one’s an early contender for “my favorite girl.” 🙂
Links to review:
- What to feed your Weimaraner puppy. Note: Everyone will get a supply of both foods I use when you get your puppy. Please keep your puppy on this food until this supply runs out. After, you’re welcome to switch brands if you find another that you like better.
Until next week, Cheers!